TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please ensure that you read thoroughly.
Trower Dance Academy accepts no liability for any physical injury, loss or damage to persons, or for loss of property occurring on the premises whether occasioned by negligence or howsoever or otherwise arising.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us.
• Classes Info:
• All new pupils to the school will be offered a free trial class, the trial classes can be scheduled anytime during the term where space allows.
• If you wish to continue, we will issue an invoice via email. If you start part way through a term the payment will be due only for the weeks after the trial and this will be calculated for you and due in full before the next class.
• We operate a term-based payment system where our costs are fixed, fees remain payable in cases of absence. There are no reductions for sickness or holidays. A two weeks written notice is required if you wish to withdraw your child from classes. Failure to do so will result in half a term’s fee being charged.
• Class information and fees will be sent via email and all class fees must be paid in advance of the term start dates to secure the pupils place in class. If fees are not paid on time, we reserve the right to refuse the student participation in classes.
• The preferred method of payment is bank transfer - please ask for the payment details.
• Trower Dance Academy reserves the right to change fees or timetable without prior notice. However, we will try to inform parents and carers of any changes as soon as possible.
• All teachers are fully qualified, DBS checked and insured.
• Due to the nature of teaching dance sometimes it is necessary to correct dance positions physically to coincide with verbal instruction. This is always conducted with the utmost care and professionalism and only with the child’s permission.
• We do not accept liability for death or personal injury to any child attending class.
• Neither the school nor the halls will be liable for the loss or damage of any property belonging to the pupils. Mobile phones must not be used during class hours unless the teacher has requested otherwise.
• It is class etiquette to arrive on time. Students continually late for class may miss vital information and will impede the learning of others and potentially place themselves in risk of injury should they miss the warm up section of the class. Students must have respect for their teachers and other students in their class. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations may result in withdrawal from the School.
• Students are entered in classes according to their ability and age. It is at the total discretion of teachers as to which class/classes are suitable. They will be advised by the teachers as to when they should move up to another class.
• Please ensure that all children are collected on time at the end of their class/es by a parent or carer. Please notify the teacher at the start of the class if someone else will be collecting your child. If you are going to be late the child will remain in the studio with the teacher until you arrive.
• Trower Dance Academy will not disclose your information to third parties except where the law allows or requires, or where you have given your permission to do so.
• Our client’s details are being stored in a locked filing cabinet and are in full compliance to the new GDPR from May, 25th 2018.
• It is the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian to complete the registration form in full, with all relevant details, and sign the relevant section of the application form to signify that they have read and understood all the rules and regulations before any classes are attended. It is also the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian to notify us of any changes i.e. address, telephone number, medical conditions and any change of circumstances.
• It is the students, parents or guardians responsibility to notify their teacher in the event of injury/medical condition which is being treated or may be of concern prior to class. If your child is ill, please do not send them to class. If a child suddenly becomes ill during classes, we will phone their parent or guardian and they will need to be collected. A first aid kit will be on site at all times, along with at least one member of staff first aid trained staff.
• It is the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian to make sure that TDA staff members are aware of any allergies that your child may have. This includes Asthma. Asthma pumps should be with the child at all times.
Medicine cannot be given by the school.
• Teachers are only responsible for pupils during class time.
• It is important to drink fluids at regular intervals during physical exercise, please pack water for your child.
• Photography and/or film may be made during class/performance by teachers/members of staff only. Photographs and/or film for publicity are to be found on our websites or social media platforms.
• By signing our Photo Waiver and writing 'YES" you are giving consent for your child to be involved.
•Trower Dance Academy will not tolerate any bullying behavior and any reported incidents will be taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.
• All classes, workshops and performances are non-refundable. In the unlikely event of cancellation of a class by Trower Dance Academy we will offer a replacement class or as an alternative at the school’s discretion an appropriate refund may be offered.
• We do not prorate or give credit for classes missed. Trower Dance Academy will endeavour to run classes as scheduled unless there is an event that is outside of our control.
• Parents will be notified of any cancellations. (Please check our social media platform/websites regularly and make sure your contact details are kept up to date on our database).
• We will try to offer an additional class for any cancelled session. We cannot automatically offer cash refunds.
• Trower Dance Academy is not responsible for any classes cancelled due to events outside of our control.
• In the event of a lockdown or any other Covid-19 restrictions that come into place outside of our control, classes may be taught via Zoom following our current timetable and no refunds will be due.
BY ALLOWING YOUR CHILD TO TAKE PART IN CLASSES YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT ALL THE TROWER DANCE ACADEMY POLICIES, TERMS & CONDITIONS AND AGREE TO ADHERE TO OUR CLASS AND SAFETY PROCEDURES